We're very easy to work with and offer friendly, personal service to all our clients. We're very well known for it.
It's important to understand exactly how we work at Image Science, so please read these terms carefully. Of course nothing on this page overrides your statutory rights as a consumer under law.
- All payments are due & processed at the time you make your order (not after the job is done or the goods delivered).
- We do not offer credit accounts to anyone except government departments.
- Please see the payment details for more information on methods we accept.
For Products Orders:
- We endeavour to keep all popular items in stock however we carry a lot of unusual fine art products and sometimes we may have to order in a product on your behalf. This can take 2-3 days, and we will only contact you if we expect a delay beyond this timescale. 90% of orders ship on the day of order (or next business day if you order on the weekend).
- It's best to assume that your order will ship in 3 to 4 business days and most times you will be pleasantly surprised when you are notified that we have shipped well before this.
- If you absolutely need your order as soon as possible, please order by phone so that we can check live stock and arrange this for you.
- All specifications quoted are correct to the best of our knowledge but are subject to change without notice. If a specification is crucial for your needs, please contact the manufacturer directly to confirm.
- All items (excluding monitors and printers) are sent by Australia Post eParcel and during checkout you can choose regular or express services. PO Boxes are fine, except with monitors and printers.
- Monitors and Printers are sent by road courier. You should use an address where you will be present during business hours as you will need to sign for your package. If you are not present, a re-delivery will need to be arranged and you will incur this cost.
- Once a product has been purchased and paid for, the ownership changes to you the client. This is the case even if the item(s) remain on our premises. We are happy to store items on a short term basis if you happen to be be unable to accept delivery at a particular time, but please be aware we are a small business and do not have limitless storage space, so plan to be able to accept your products within a short time scale please.
- Abandoned Goods - If you fail to pick up your goods within one month without prior arrangement, we charge 9.09% of the value of the goods per month (or part thereof) for further storage. This means that if the goods have not been collected within one full year, the storage fee will be equal to the cost of the goods, they will be considered abandoned, you will no longer own them, and will be re-sold or used as demo models here at our discretion.
- Estimated turnarounds for normal sized jobs are on the front page of our website.
- Your order will be delayed if you fail to follow our advice about supply of film for scanning or set up files for printing.
- We will try to contact you with questions about your order if we have any, but if we can't reach you we have default policies in place to keep orders moving through the system (e.g. all untagged images are assigned sRGB as their profile, all images larger than the printable area on the page will be rescaled to fit the printable area etc).
- We provide excellent, accurate tools (i.e. our print service profiles) to help you get great results from our services.
- Prints made on hand made fine art materials may not be 100% perfect at all times, or may not match 100% in colour from job to job due to conditions beyond our control. We do everything we can to ensure the best possible result but if clinical perfection is what you need, then these sorts of materials may not be suitable for your job.
- Scans of your film are made to the best ability of our equipment and using our many years of professional experience at the highest level. We deliberately produce a flexible scan suitable for fine art image production purposes. Occasionally our scans may not match your expectations if you're not expecting this, and we will be happy to discuss with you how you can improve your results with this sort of workflow.
- If you have any questions about our services please ask before you submit your order!
- If any damage occurs to your order during transit (this is very rare thanks to the strong packaging materials we use), then you must note this and inform us immediately upon receipt - we suggest you note the damage with the courier before accepting the parcel. Please note we can not help you if you fail to inspect your delivery in a timely manner as damage caused in transit must be notified to the courier, and acted upon, immediately after delivery.
- We pack items very carefully and have insurance covering all goods in transit. But do please note that as with all mail order purchases, our formal responsibility and ownership of the goods ends once we've sold the goods to you, and we deliver the package on your behalf to Australia Post or the courier. You are very welcome to pick up your goods if you prefer.
- If a parcel should be lost/damaged severely (a very rare event - we have had only one outright loss since 2001 out of tens of thousands of packages), it is obviously the shipper's mistake and not ours. We will of course do everything in our power to help you with this issue, in terms of tracking and tracing and liaising with the carrier on your behalf, but there is a formal process (which can take a significant amount of time) that we must go through before we can make an insurance claim. Unfortunately we can not under any circumstances send out any replacement goods until the insurance claim is settled.
On Software Purchases
Please note that, like all companies that sell software, some conditions apply because it is simply impossible for us to support all possible configurations:
- We do not accept returns for software, so please choose carefully
- It is your responsibility to check with the manufacturer that your system is compatible with the software you buy - our requirements/specifications are provided as a guideline only so if something is important to you (e.g. 64 bit compatibility) - please check with the manufacturer directly before purchasing
- We do not provide support or training for software - you must contact the software manufacturer if you need support
- Faulty goods will of course be repaired or replaced. As with all mail orders, the customer is responsible for return shipping to us in both financial and responsibility terms - we strongly suggest you use a trackable and insured return courier. We will cover outgoing shipping on replacement items.
- We are a business that offers specialised items, often brought in to order for clients and as such we can not be as flexible with returns as more generalised retail businesses.
- Please consider your purchases carefully as we are generally unable to allow returns/cancellations of items if you have simply changed your mind.
- We may allow you to return some items we regularly stock but this is entirely at our discretion and please be aware that the only legal right of return you have under Victorian law is if goods are faulty or not fit for purpose- and we're very happy to offer extensive advice to make sure you're getting the right products for your needs. We repeat that it is your responsibility to check the exact specifications of products before purchase if this is of critical importance to you as we provide our information as a guide only and exact specifications are subject to change by manufacturers without notice to us (and therefore to you).
- Wherever possible we will try to help you but we will not incur expense on your behalf and in this scenario we may not allow the return at all or charge a re-stocking fee of up to 50% of the value of the goods to cover our costs.
- If we do agree to accept a return, the goods must be returned to us in unopened condition exactly as sold.